Monday, March 2, 2009

Shtuff

General Update an things goes something like this.
The next three weeks are horrible, hard, and hellish for me. First of all I have the BYU Dance competition next Wednesday, and for this, I have dance practice every day of the week. I also have Region and State speech, tomorrow, and next week. Prom is in three weeks. The quarter ends the Monday after Prom. Track has started, scheduling on that is still to come. So with Track practice, Dance practice, Speech Meets, Promenade Practice, and some nice hard classes, these next three weeks are horrible, but intense!
Oh! I popped my shoulder out, or something like it, I was wrestling around with Haas, and I had a really weird head lock on him, and I had all my body weight on it, and he was pushing out, and I felt something move in there, so I shoved him away, flexed and it popped back in. It hurt, but then Haas didn't realize how serious I was and thought it would be funny to give me a titty-twister in this, he did, and then promptly got a lovely kick in the shin for it, it was with the soft part of my foot, no actual sole of foot involved, but it still made him limp for a while.
Tomorrow I'm in the movie assembly for the school, I am both in some of the movies, and in the skits in between, so it should be interesting.
Oh yeah, this is a poem I wrote up on the spot, out of the blue, I had a random thought during the day, and just decided to follow up on that little character trait/thought, and I got this. It's freeverse, and pretty sloppy, but I just kind of like it.
I do not belong in a haven of Heaven
I do not deserve to be in this place of paradise
I’m not an angel sent to brighten the world
I’m an animal, a creature, sent to wipe the grime off
So an angel can shine for the earth

I do not belong with the shining souls
But rather with the damned souls of the depth
To be with them, to stand them up
Lead them to the light

I do not deserve to own a place of paradise
But to be given a forage of fire
To tame and quench to the Lord’s desire

I do not deserve an angel
To keep me happy as I go
But rather my sneering demons
To keep me company with their jeering

I am not meant to live in a state of peace
But to be burned and learned
To be tempered and tossed
To be folded and molded into something else
To be arranged for a halo
To one day join the ranks
The hosts of heaven one day

But that day is not today
And the time is not now
Now I must stand my own fire
To feel it’s burn across my skin
And revel in my burden
That I bear.
To pay the debt that I have incurred
To work toward Him, and his choir of angels
I have incurred a debt
This much is true
I can pay it, day by day
Made possible by an Angel from above

One day I can join the hosts of heaven
And feel eternal happiness
Because of my dear brother
He loves me so much
So much I don’t deserve
But he does all the same
So I work in the fire
To pay off a debt I owe
To try and repay
A debt unpayable.

God has angels here upon the earth
They hide their wings and their halos
To be with us.
But they can’t stop the glow
That flows from themselves
As they sit in one house
And spin out pure gold
They emit a golden light
A love undefined
Something so pure,
So fine, so rare
Something we all need to find
But to a creature of the night
A denizen of the deep
This light turns my head
And with a whisper says
“You don’t belong here yet”
The creature can never belong in this place
Until he learns his hard earned lesson
Until he purges his sins
With hellfire and pain
He can not belong in such a place
In a place of paradise
In a Haven of Heaven

No, the first person in this poem is not me, well, not all the way, in some ways, yes, i think, but in other ways not. I don't know, I just thought the poem sounded cool.
Rock on!

3 comments:

Piper said...

Wow

JaMiEj said...

Dear Thomas,
You are so frickin amazing.
Love,
Jamie

noname said...

I like that poem a lot, Thomas. It was awesome to read it. Nicely done at Region Speech today!