Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ruts, updates, and etc.

So, the play went off great! It really did! It was five days of adrenaline and constant improvement. The last night was the best one of them all. Loved it so much. The fights went well, there was soo much energy on stage, the audience was awesome, and everyone performed very well. If I find my total critique of it I'll put it on here. But I gotta find it first.
There was another dance. Twirp. I got asked by Amber Bybee, she's a downs syndrome girl in the High School who I always sit by at lunch. She's a real sweetheart. I spent most of the date playing with her, like when everyone else was playing dodgeball, her and I were playing catch, and pretend, hide and seek and stuff. It was way fun, and everyone in that date group thinks I'm the biggest sweetheart for doing that, but I just have lots of experience with William, and it's easy for me. That was fun. We had 24 people in our group, so we transported everyone around in a huge boat on a trailer, playing Beach Boys "Surfin U.S.A", over and over and OVER again. It was quite awesome.
But now we must discuss the strange rut I am in. I am cursed. I don't know what it is, but there are just days, or weeks where things just go wrong, way wrong. In A.P. Biology a quiz comes, I've studied like crazy for it, and I get a 68 on it. Geh. In Math I teach everyone about the test, I taught two people in specific, Garcia and Tara. Test comes, I get an 84, Garcia gets 105 and Tara gets a 95. I don't get it! In History there's a sub that tells us that we have to write our entire DBQ in 45 minutes, I hear a couple people say that Mr. Player's just joking with us, he's always had us do those at home. Well, I planned the whole thing out, but didn't write anything, didn't turn anything in. Turns out he was serious, and there's a lovely zero. In Biology I know everything about it, and once again I am teaching everyone about the topic. We have to answer two discussion questions, I answer them for everyone else, but forget to write my own, lovely zero. In English we're writing a report for this strange computer graded essay program, so write one, and I get a 5.6 out of 6, and so I write some more, add to it, submit for scoring again, and I get a 5.0! Bell rings, that's it. And to top it all, the lovely stinking cherry on top, I have lost my backpack with every single book, every single school assignment in it. I can remember getting into the Purple Van with it, went to go move Mamma's office stuff, and it has not been seen since. Last Thursday. We have no idea where it might be. I've looked everywhere it could be. In Mamma's office, in the school, in the van, everywhere I can think of. It's gone.
Geh.

2 comments:

JaMiEj said...

First off, you're friends are dead-on about you being a major sweetheart. That's just about the coolest thing! And you hardly even know it! You're just amazing naturally.

Second, I'm so sorry that things are being rough for you in school!! I remember times kinda like that too and it is absolutely not cool. Good luck on finding your backpack. Try to look in really unusual places! And don't forget to pray. ;) But the great thing about school and grades is that you do the best you can in one semester and then a NEW one starts and you can start all over again! So look forward to wiping the slate clean - but continue to do your best until that time. I love you bud! You're the best!

Piper said...

Wow, life is rough. Sorry about how everything is not coming together. I have a hugo kugo favor... PLEASE will you send me Mike and Trever's addresses? I have letters in envelopes I just don't have addresses, and I NEED them... THANK YOU!